Desert Island Golf and Country Club
Desert Island is a 6,715-yard 18-hole championship golf course in Rancho Mirage designed by Desmond Muirhead, one of the world’s top golf course architects.
The unique desert course surrounds a magnificent 25-acre lake, and is filled with strategically placed bunkers and expertly maintained fairways and greens. Desert Island is excellent for any golfer looking to enjoy an unforgettable golfing experience in the Coachella Valley, as the course is one of the most scenic, best-maintained courses in the entire region.
Best of all, members of the private club enjoy top-notch value – the initiation fee and dues are very reasonable for a course that provides an unrivaled playing experience along with professional service and first class amenities.
Real Estate in Desert Island Golf and Country Club and Golf Properties in Coachella Valley
Desert Island is home to over 220 resale units with sizes that range from 1,500 square feet to 4,000 square feet.
No homes are situated along the golf course, as all private residences enjoy a superb location on an island surrounded by the course’s 25-acre lake.
In addition to the championship golf course, amenities at Desert Island include:
- A 38,000-square foot clubhouse with dining room, ballroom, executive boardroom, and bar & grille
- Two lighted tennis courts
- A yacht club
- Fishing facilities
- Pool and spa
Sights and Attractions
- Sunnyland Center & Gardens is a picturesque 9-acre nature center with over 1.25 miles of walking paths that will take visitors through more than 53,000 individual plants and over 50 arid-landscape species.
- The Coachella Valley Preserve is a 3,700-acre site that is home to several hiking trails as well as the Thousand Palm Oasis, which collects water seeping out of the San Andreas Fault. The preserve is also home to the Coachella Valley fringe-toed lizard, which does not exist in any other part of the world.
- Shopaholics will have plenty of great shopping venues to choose from. Nearby malls include The River, Waring Plaza, Westfield Palm Desert, and The Gardens on El Paseo.
For more information on homes available in this golfing community, call the team of Diane Williams at 760.776.7070.